PROPOSED SERVICES PLAN FOR CITY OF HAMILTON
IN ACCORDANCE WITH
TENNESSEE CODE ANNOTATED § 6-1-201
The residents to incorporate the City of Hamilton, Tennessee hereby propose the following Plan for Provision of Services for certain properties lying within the present corporate limits of the City of Hamilton, Tennessee, identified by attached boundaries map and described as follows:
IN THE SECOND CIVIL DISTRICT OF HAMILTON COUNTY, TENNESSEE:
Relative to tax map, beginning at the southeast corner with the required 5 miles buffer by State of TN from the 2011 City of Chattanooga city limits (096H), .3 miles, more or less, from east side of Mahan Gap Road and proceeding north along the Hamilton/Bradley county line north-northeast to Highway 60 North (053F); thence proceeding a distance of 8.10 miles, more or less, (north-northwest) following the Hamilton/Bradley/Meigs county line along Highway 60 to Tennessee River (022C); thence proceeding southwest along the contour of the river 6.8 miles, more or less to south border of Soddy Daisy (042M); thence proceeding south along 3 mile buffer contour of Soddy Daisy 2.9 miles, more or less south to TN River (059M); thence continuing south-southwest along the contour of river 2 miles, more or less to Lakesite border (068M); thence continuing south along 3 mile buffer contour of Lakesite 2.4 miles to south of Maple Leaf Lane (094C); thence continuing east along contour of Chattanooga city limits 5 mile boundary to connect at southeast corner of Mahan Gap Road and Hamilton/Bradley county line (096H).
Patrolling, radio directed response to calls for assistance, crime prevention services, traffic control and accident prevention services and other police protection and support using present personnel and equipment will be provided on the effective date of incorporation by Hamilton County Sheriff’s department under contract.
1. Fire protection by present personnel and the equipment of the fire fighting force within the limitations of available water and distance from fire stations will be provided on the effective date of incorporate by Highway 58 Fire department under contract.
2. Within twelve (12) months after incorporation, the need for additional fire hydrants shall be determined. Placement of hydrants will be on the basis of nationally-accepted standards defined by adopted codes for the City of Hamilton. As additional water lines of adequate size are extended into the incorporation area by Savannah Valley Utility District, if not presently served, fire hydrants shall be installed as required by the above-mentioned standard when the population density or need for hydrant services is sufficient to cost effectively extend hydrant services to the incorporated property as determined by the Fire Chief, subject to appropriation of required funds.
3. Fire coverage shall be provided by existing and planned stations and present and planned personnel.
C. REFUSE COLLECTION
City of Hamilton will not provide refuse services to its residents. Refuse will remain with private sector companies
D. ROAD AND STREET CONSTRUCTION AND REPAIR; SIGNS AND LIGHTING, AND STORMWATER AND DRAINAGE
1. Within 2 years maintenance of streets (repair of hazardous chuck holes, measures necessary to maintain normal traffic flow), removal of snow and/or sanding of streets during icing conditions will begin one year after effective date of incorporation.
2. Within 2 years routine maintenance will begin in the incorporated area one year from effective date of incorporation.
3. Within 2 years of the effective date of incorporation, street name signs will be installed as needed in all substantially developed areas. “Substantially developed” to be defined by elected city council.
E. PLANNING AND ZONING
Within 2 years planning and zoning jurisdiction of the City will be extended to the incorporated area on the effective date of incorporation. City of Hamilton and Hamilton County Regional Planning Commission will thereafter encompass the incorporated area. Pending a review of the zoning by the City of Hamilton and Hamilton County Regional Planning Commission and the Hamilton City Council, the property shall be reclassified to a temporary classification which shall be rezoned in accordance with the City’s Zoning Ordinances.
F. RECREATION FACILITIES AND PROGRAMS
The City of Hamilton has no recreation facilities and program services at present.
G. WATER SYSTEM
Water for all incorporated properties will continue to be provided in the same manner as it is currently provided by the Savannah Valley Utility District.
H. ELECTRICAL SERVICE
Electricity will continue to be provided to residents of incorporated area by the Volunteer Energy Cooperative.
I. SEWER SYSTEM
The City of Hamilton will not provide sewer services to the incorporated area. The Hamilton County Water and Wastewater Treatment Authority, (hereinafter “WWTA”), will continue to provide sewer services.
J. INSPECTION/CODE ENFORCEMENT
Within 2 years after incorporation, the City will provide inspection and code enforcement services (building, electrical, plumbing, gas, and unsafe building services) to all areas of the City of Hamilton.
K. ANIMAL CONTROL
City of Hamilton will not provide animal control. Hamilton County Animal Control will continue to provide City of Hamilton will not provide service.